AffairsCloud YouTube Channel – Press here
AffairsCloud app Press here
According to Forbes India’s 100 Richest List 2022, Gautam Adani, chairman of the Adani Group, tops the list with a net worth of US$150 billion, almost tripling his wealth in 2021. Adani also became India’s richest person and world’s 2nd richest person.
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is in second place with a net worth of USD 88 billion (down 5% from 2021).
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani’s net worth accounts for 30% of the total wealth of India’s 100 richest.
- The combined wealth of India’s 100 richest is US$ 800 billion, this total wealth has increased by US$ 25 billion compared to 2021.
Top 3 in Forbes India’s 100 Richest 2022:
Net Worth (USD)
|1||Gautam Adani (Adani Enterprises)||150 billion|
|2||Mukesh Ambani (Reliance Industries)||88 billion|
|3||Radhakishan Damani (Avenue Supermarts)||27.6 billion|
India’s 100 Richest 2022 Review:
IAccording to the list, Gautam Adani is the top earner for 2022 in both percentage and dollar terms.
ii.Radhakishan Damani of supermarket chain DMart ranked 3rd on the list with a net worth of USD 27.6 billion (his net worth has decreased by 6% compared to 2021).
- This is the first time he has made the top 3 in the rankings.
- He is the richest entrepreneur in the fashion and retail sector in India.
iii.Cyrus Poonawalla, CMD of Serum Institute of India is ranked 4th with a net worth of USD 21.5 billion, followed by Shiv Nadar, founder of HCL Technologies at the 5th position with a net worth of USD 21.4 billion.
- Cyrus Poonawala is the richest healthcare entrepreneur in India
iv.According to the list, with a net worth of $16.4 billion, Savitri Jindal, OP Jindal Group chairman becomes India’s richest woman.
- She is also the only female billionaire in the top 10 of the ranking.
v.The list contains 9 new positions which include Falguni Nayar, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of beauty and lifestyle retail company Nikaa, Ravi Modi, CMD of Vedant Fashions Limited; and Rafiq Malik, Chairman, Metro Shoes Ltd/India
i.Of the 100 richest on the list, 60 billionaires saw a decline in wealth in 2022, only 27 recorded an increase in wealth in 2022.
ii.Byju Raveendran and Divya Gokulnath of BYJU’S are ranked 54th in the list with a net worth of USD 3.6 billion.
- Divya Gokulnath along with Nikil Kamath of Zerodha Broking (ranked 58t along with Nithin Kamath) are the youngest billionaires (aged 36) on the list.
iii.DLF’s Kushal Pal Singh (19th), Shree Cement’s Bennu Gopal Bangur (29th) and Sonalika Group’s Lachman Das Mittal (82nd) are the oldest billionaires on the list.
Recent Related News:
Forbes Asia has released the second edition of the list titled “Forbes Asia-100 to Watch in 2022”. The list highlights small companies and emerging startups in the Asia-Pacific region.
The 2022 list includes 11 startups from India along with 19 companies from Singapore, followed by 16 startups from Hong Kong, 15 from South Korea and 13 from China.
AffairsCloud recommends the Oliveboard trial test
AffairsCloud eBook – Support us to grow