Do you know the net worth of top 10 richest people in India? Do you know the net increase in their wealth this year? While 2023 may seem like a recession to many around the world, according to the International Monetary Fund, India’s richest people had a fruitful year, the Forbes 2022 list reveals. The data also sheds light on the wealth of the youngest and most -elderly billionaires, although the depreciation of the rupee has raised concerns amid global inflation concerns. Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani are said to account for about 30 percent of the combined wealth of the country’s richest.
Here are ten points for an overview of Forbes India’s 100 Richest 2022 list:
1) The combined wealth of India’s 100 richest people rose by $25 billion to surpass $800 billion, the report highlighted, as India managed to revive post-pandemic demand to become the fifth-largest economy. The wealth of the top 10 richest people in the country is 385 billion dollars.
2) Gautam Adani tripled his wealth in 2021 and gradually shot up to become the richest man in the country. According to the report, his fortune is set to double to $150 billion in 2022, a major contributor to his rise to the top 100 list. He is the second richest on the planet.
3) The head of Adani Group, which owns the country’s largest port at Mundra in Gujarat, has a net worth of ₹1,211,460.11 crores
4) Second in the list of India’s richest is Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries. His net worth currently stands at $88 billion; and is reported to be down from 5 percent last year.
5) While Radhakishan Damlani – owner of supermarket chain DMart – stands third on the list, he is followed by Cyrus Poonawalla of Serum Institute. Damlani has a net worth of $27.6 billion and Poonawalla has a net worth of $21.5 billion.
6) Savitri Jindal – the chairman of OP Jindal Group – is the richest woman in the country with a fortune of $16.4 billion, according to Forbes. She is also the only female billionaire.
7) Anand Mahindra is said to be back on the list after the launch of Mahindra and Mahindra electric vehicles.
8) India’s Warren Buffet – Rakesh Jhunjhunwala – passed away in August this year. Akasa Air – backed by him – took to the skies around the same time.
9) Nykaa’s Falguni Nayar is among the prominent newcomers
10) While the Bajaj family is ranked 10th, the patriarch – Rahul Bajaj – passed away this year.