Speed ​​kills teenagers in Chennai, video goes viral – The New Indian Express | News Bharat

Express News Service

CHENNAI: Two teenagers on a bike died on Tuesday after they lost control of their vehicle at a speed of 114 km per hour and crashed into the middle of the road at Taramani in Chennai while trying to avoid colliding with a minivan.

Praveen and Hari

The small camera attached to the helmet, which the teenagers wanted to use to record their speeding, also recorded their fatal accident. The video went viral on Thursday. The deceased, Praveen (19) and Hari (17), from Taramani, had gone for a ride on a 100-metre road in the area on Tuesday.

They intended to drive on the OMR and record it on camera. The 2:22-minute video shows teenagers suffering a fatal accident just 20 seconds after it started. The rest of the video shows people gathering around, calling for an ambulance and the police arriving.

Praveen was in his first year of college while Hari had completed his 12th standard and was waiting for college admission. They drove a sports bike that could accelerate up to 130 km/h, the police said.

The cyclist hit the median while trying to avoid the van

The bike was bought by Praveen’s parents a few months ago. Praveen did not have a two-wheeler driving license, police said. “While Praveen was riding the bike, Hari was riding on the seat. They recorded the video at a speed of 18 km/h. When the motorcycle reached a speed of 114 kmph, they reached the vicinity of the overhead railway line at Taramani,” said a senior police officer.

At that moment, a minivan coming from the opposite direction made a U-turn through the opening in the carriageway. While trying to avoid hitting the vehicle, Praveen hit the median at high speed and both were thrown from the vehicle on impact.

They were taken to Royapettah Government Hospital where they were declared brought dead on arrival. The Guindy Traffic Investigation Police has registered a case. According to eyewitnesses, the police said that the helmet along with the camera came off and disintegrated during the impact.

Source link