More than a dozen news announcements made at Decipher show expanding adoption across Algorand’s global ecosystem
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, December 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Algorand Foundation today announced the successful conclusion of decipher, its second annual live conference convening a global community of builders, companies and strategic stakeholders deciphering the future on the Algorand blockchain. Set in the global crypto center of Dubaithe two-day event attracted more than 2,000 in-person guests, nearly four times the attendance from 2021. Decrypt included talks, networking and hands-on sessions exploring new use cases for DeFi, stablecoins, digital identity, applications Web3, the creator economy and beyond.
Among the speakers was the founder of Algorand Silvio MicaliCEO of the Algorand Foundation Station WardenCEO of Napster Jon Vlassopoulosfounder of the quantum temple Linda Adamifounder of Arrington Capital Michael Arringtonand more than 130 others key partners and industry leaders.
Several major news announcements came out of Decipher 2022, showing the wider adoption of Algorand’s secure and sustainable Layer-1 technology. The ads included:
- Algorand Foundation’s Head of Ecosystem Financing, Ryan Terribilinipresented Algorand Venturesa new program dedicated to providing funding and launch support to the best builders and investors in the Algorand ecosystem.
- Sant Vicent de Paul Disaster Services announced the launch of Kokuaa new platform for disaster relief disbursements built by HELP: Technique and leveraging the Algorand blockchain. The app is rolling out to survivors of the deadly winter tornadoes of 2021 Tennessee.
- The Algorand Foundation announced support for USDC to Algorand (USDCa) to the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance.
- Two of the main DeFi protocols in Algorand, People Finance i Tinymaneach announced releases of their V2 protocol.
- Algorand ecosystem investor Hivemind Capitalwhich announced a 1.5 billion dollars fund last year, announced a strategic partnership with the leading sports performance brand Fnatic.
- The New Computer Corporation (NCC) debuted Inkeya new type of Web3 experiential wallet built on Algorand.
- The Algorand Foundation appointment announced of Anil Kakani as India’s Head of Country. Kakani will lead the Foundation’s AlgoBharat initiative aimed at expanding adoption in the region. As a first sign of momentum, new Indiacompanies based at Decipher.
- Open.io announced the launch of Licita Web3 verification platform for digital assets at Algorand.
- Y9a microfinance service provider regulated and authorized by the Central Bank of Tanzaniaannounced that it will integrate Algorand into its suite of mobile products aimed at driving meaningful financial and digital inclusion Africa.
- Capital without borders announced a historic collaboration between the artist Nancy Baker Cahill i sofia the robotdebuting a monumental new AR artwork simultaneously during Art Basel Miami Beach 2022 and Descipher 2022 at Dubai. The piece is up for auction now December 4at the base of Algorand aorist platform
- Top Algorand NFT project At the Goanna has been associated with the sync licensing platform Decency to release a first-of-its-kind audio-visual, motion-graphic NFT collection, “The Lost Goanna.” The limited edition pieces feature the music of Milky Opportunity and were available in an exclusive auction at Decipher 2022.
The mission of the Algorand Foundation is to enable an inclusive, decentralized and borderless global economy based on the Algorand blockchain. Algorand’s Layer-1 technology is unmatched for fast, frictionless and sustainable blockchain use cases, making it the technology of choice for thousands of organizations around the world. For more information about the Algorand Foundation, click here. For more information on Decrypt, click here.
Founded by Turing Award-winning cryptographer Silvio Micali, Algorand’s high-performance Layer-1 blockchain is unmatched for delivering fast, frictionless and inclusive technologies to everyone. Algorand is reshaping all industries, from TradFi and DeFi to new creator economies and beyond. With an extraordinary commitment to interoperability and consistent delivery, its sustainable technology drives greater participation, transparency and efficiency for all. As the technology of choice for more than 2,000 global organizations, the Algorand ecosystem is transforming the next generation of financial products, protocols and value exchange. For more information, visit www.algorand.com.
Contact with the media: [email protected]
SOURCE Algorand Foundation